Vermont PBS continues our partnership with Vermont Agency of Education and Vermont Department of Libraries to meet the anywhere, anytime educational, social and emotional needs of Vermont children.
For October - Katie recommends...
“As a preschooler in the late 70’s, Mr. Rogers was iconic to me and my generation. He instilled the idea of being kind, mindful, empathetic, thoughtful, and loving yourself. These same principles live on in the Emmy-winning Daniel Tigers’ Neighborhood which I was joyfully able to share with my own daughter. Daniel and his 4-year-old friends sing helpful songs to reinforce themes like respect, imagination, and social skills. I promise your children will never forget them, nor will you! Check out some new adventures for Daniel and his friends this back-to-school season. ”
Katie McCarthy, M.Ed.
IDEA Part B 619 Coordinator
Early Education Team - Vermont Agency of Education
Vermont PBS and Agency of Education recommend
- Book Bingo for Every Reader
- Kind Acts Bingo
- Learn Along Bingo for Ages 6-8: Growing as a Reader. Download and print.
- Beyond Screen Time: The Fundamentals of PBS Navigation (1 Hour)
- Playful Learning Collections for Home: Resources for Parents (1 Hour)
- Incorporating Vermont PBS Into Your Classroom: Search resources by series, age, or content.
- PBS Kids Talk About: Race and Racism
- Ken Burns in the Classroom: Ali
- Teach Your Way Resources on PBS LearningMedia
For more info, contact:
Go to PBS LearningMedia and check out Fall resources about caring for our community!
- For Preschool – Social-Emotional Development: Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Dress Up
- For Kindergarten to Grade 2 – NEW World Language series (bilingual): About Alma’s Way
- For Grades 3 to Grade 5 – ELA: Storytelling Interactive
- For Middle School – Ken Burns in the Classroom: Frank Llyod Wright
- For High School – Ken Burns in the Classroom: Ali
NEW Mister Chris and Friends videos
The latest videos from our popular Mister Chris and Friends series, are digital shorts that guide children and their families through special daily moments: waking up, brushing teeth, washing hands, cleaning up, and going to bed. This video shorts series welcomes Elephant, a new friend who joins Mister Chris for these activities. Each video has a new original song and features a peek into lives and routines in our community thanks to participation from viewers.
“Routine helps children process what they feel, see, touch and hear each day. Our hope is that these videos help little ones engage with five special everyday moments in a time when many of their routines have been disrupted,” said Chris Dorman. “And we hope our new friend, Elephant, helps families smile, giggle, and maybe even shed a joyful tear or two together.”
These videos are available to watch below, and at vermontpbs.org/misterchris, where families can also watch full episodes of seasons one and two!
Mister Chris and Friends
Mister Chris sings a song and helps Elephant to see how fun brushing our teeth can be!
Educational content continuing on broadcast
Browse our online schedules below for educational content available on broadcast (over-the-air and cable) Vermont PBS channels. Many corresponding episodes also available via Video On Demand.
Create a family tradition of learning with Friday night Family Night
Did you know that every Friday night on Kids Channel, Vermont PBS highlights family favorite programs, during our weekly Friday Night Family Night starting 7:00 p.m.
Details and resources at pbs.org/parents/family-night
Vermont PBS Learning Media
Bring the World to Your Classroom. Vermont PBS offers curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for educators like you.
Become a Media Mentor through Vermont PBS
Vermont PBS offers a professional development online workshop series for Early Educators and families of young children. Each 8 hour module focuses on creative, safe and healthy ways to use technology with children from Preschool to Grade 12. All workshops are recognized for 8 hours of Professional Development through Northern Lights at CCV.
Complete the adjacent form and select the course module appropriate for you!
- Online Workshop 1a: Becoming a Media Mentor (PreK Educator)
- Online Workshop 1b: Becoming a Media Mentor (PreK Family)
- Online Workshop 2: Tech Savvy (PreK-12)
- Online Workshop 3: Mister Chris and Friends: Hybrid Learning (PreK)
- Online Workshop 4: Kids & Integrated Media with the Vermont Early Learning Standards (PreK)
- Online Workshop 5: Kids & Playful Media STEM (PreK)
Vermont PBS is waiving the enrollment fee during the COVID-19 pandemic. Just one way we strive to help parents and teachers.
For more info contact: Heather Duhamel, Community Engagement & Education Consultant at 802-309-9951 | email@example.com
Register now for Free!
Kids & Education on Vermont PBS is proudly sponsored by