Vermont PBS continues our partnership with Vermont Agency of Education and Vermont Department of Libraries to meet the anywhere, anytime educational, social and emotional needs of Vermont children.
Heather D. recommends...
Teacher Planning Kits for New School Routines | End of Year
“I love this kit. This is the EASIEST way to find great learning resources by age and content area. If you enjoy this collection of resources, there are 3 other planning kits that come with recorded webinar tutorials and evergreen activities within a bundled curriculum.”
Highlights dozens of great resources and lessons you can use with your students—regardless of grade level—through the end of the school year. Find free professional learning opportunities and support for your students’ families.
Vermont PBS and Agency of Education recommend
- Book Bingo for Every Reader
- Kind Acts Bingo
- Learn Along Bingo for Ages 6-8: Growing as a Reader. Download and print.
- Beyond Screen Time: The Fundamentals of PBS Navigation (1 Hour)
- Playful Learning Collections for Home: Resources for Parents (1 Hour)
- Incorporating Vermont PBS Into Your Classroom: Search resources by series, age, or content.
For more info, contact:
NEW Mister Chris and Friends videos
The latest videos from our popular Mister Chris and Friends series, are digital shorts that guide children and their families through special daily moments: waking up, brushing teeth, washing hands, cleaning up, and going to bed. This video shorts series welcomes Elephant, a new friend who joins Mister Chris for these activities. Each video has a new original song and features a peek into lives and routines in our community thanks to participation from viewers.
“Routine helps children process what they feel, see, touch and hear each day. Our hope is that these videos help little ones engage with five special everyday moments in a time when many of their routines have been disrupted,” said Chris Dorman. “And we hope our new friend, Elephant, helps families smile, giggle, and maybe even shed a joyful tear or two together.”
These videos are available to watch below, and at vermontpbs.org/misterchris, where families can also watch full episodes of seasons one and two!
Mister Chris and Friends
Mister Chris sings a song and helps Elephant to see how fun brushing our teeth can be!
Here are a few quick tips to help keep your kids excited about learning this season:
- Ask lots of questions. Encourage your kids to participate in conversations by asking them questions like: "Why do you think that happened? What will happen next?"
- Encourage kids to search for answers. When your children ask you “why?” see if you can work together to figure out what they need to know or do to find the answer.
- Try something new. Summer is a great time to try new things like reading a new kind of book, tasting a new food or exploring a new park.
- Just have fun. Summertime comes along only once a year, so make sure to have fun while you’re learning.
Play and learn your way this summer! You can explore and play with your child all season long with a variety of free resources from PBS KIDS. Spark curiosity and creativity with hands-on activities, tips, and games around different themes supporting literacy, math, science, and life skills. Get started here with summer fun for the whole family!
Camp TV (K-12)
Welcome to Camp TV! This live-action series of features hands-on activities, performing arts, movement, nature and animal content, science, literacy, virtual field trips and more – everything 5 to 10 year olds love about summer camp, all led by the enthusiastic fun-loving “head counselor” Zachary Noah Piser. Watch on our main channel from June 28 - August 20, weekdays at 2:00 pm, or anytime at video.vermontpbs.org/show/camp-tv/
Camp TV best paired with the following PBS Learning Media collections:
Educational content continuing on broadcast through the summer months.
Browse our online schedules below for educational content available on broadcast (over-the-air and cable) Vermont PBS channels. Many corresponding episodes also available via Video On Demand.
Create a family tradition of learning with Friday night Family Night
Did you know that every Friday night on Kids Channel, Vermont PBS highlights family favorite programs, during our weekly Friday Night Family Night starting 7:00 p.m.
Details and resources at pbs.org/parents/family-night
Vermont PBS Learning Media
Bring the World to Your Classroom. Vermont PBS offers curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for educators like you.
Become a Media Mentor through Vermont PBS
Vermont PBS offers a professional development online workshop series for Early Educators and families of young children. Each 8 hour module focuses on creative, safe and healthy ways to use technology with children from Preschool to Grade 12. All workshops are recognized for 8 hours of Professional Development through Northern Lights at CCV.
Complete the adjacent form and select the course module appropriate for you!
- Online Workshop 1a: Becoming a Media Mentor (PreK Educator)
- Online Workshop 1b: Becoming a Media Mentor (PreK Family)
- Online Workshop 2: Tech Savvy (PreK-12)
- Online Workshop 3: Mister Chris and Friends: Hybrid Learning (PreK)
- Online Workshop 4: Kids & Integrated Media with the Vermont Early Learning Standards (PreK)
- Online Workshop 5: Kids & Playful Media STEM (PreK)
Vermont PBS is waiving the enrollment fee during the COVID-19 pandemic. Just one way we strive to help parents and teachers.
For more info contact: Heather Duhamel, Community Engagement & Education Consultant at 802-309-9951 | email@example.com
Register now for Free!
Kids & Education on Vermont PBS is proudly sponsored by