Attention Channel 28 Viewers
You will need to RESCAN YOUR TV in July 2020.
What is happening
If you watch Vermont PBS via antenna on WVER/WVTA Channel 28 from Grandpa Knob Mountain in Rutland, VT, please note that on July 2, 2020, Vermont PBS will make necessary technical upgrades to Channel 28.
If you lose reception, please rescan your TV to continue receiving Channel 28 from Rutland.
Only those viewers who watch Vermont PBS via antenna on Channel 28 from Rutland will be affected.
Who is NOT affected:
- Cable and satellite dish subscribers will not be affected by this change.
- Viewers who watch Vermont PBS on Channel 28 from Mt. Ascutney, Mount Pleasant or Brattleboro
A simple rescan of your TV should restore your Channel 28 reception. Not sure how to rescan your TV? It’s best to check your owner’s manual or on-screen menu options.
General steps for rescanning
Although rescanning steps differ with different TV models, here are some general steps to lead you through the process:
- Using your television's remote control, press the Menu or Settings option. (Note: a "Smart TV" may have a smart button that must be used to access the settings menu. It will generally have the manufacturer's logo on it.)
- Locate Channels or Tuner Set Up or AutoTune option.
- Check the menu for an option of Antenna Type or Connection Type followed by either Antenna or Cable.
- For antenna users, make sure that the designated setting is Antenna.
- From the menu, choose Digital Channel Search (depending on the manufacturer, alternate choices may include Channel Scan, Channel Search or Autoprogram.)
- Allow the TV to complete the search. You may see a bar listing how many channels have been found. The process may take several minutes to complete.
- Once complete, confirm the menu prompt, then press the exit or quit option.
The rescanning function varies with different TV models. Check your TV owner's manual or on-screen menu options for instructions.
You can also click here for general steps to guide you through the process, and for links to rescanning information for different TV models.
If you have additional questions please call 1-888-225-5322 Option 6.
Broadcast TV Transition: What to Watch For - Info from the FCC
Antenna Recommendations - We strongly recommend a roof-top antenna with pre-amplifier.
Re-scanning for Channels - Your TV will need to find our new channel.
TVanswers.org – Additional information from the National Association of Broadcasters.
Vermont PBS Channel Finder
Find your best signal source, based on your location.
Simply enter your street address or zip code to determine what channels should be available in your viewing area.
Please note: Our Channel Finder tool provides an estimation of signal strength based on geographic location. It is not a guarantee of signal reception, which can be affected by a variety of factors.)