Vermont PBS presents election coverage of state and federal races, including live debates, and candidate commentaries.
Up next:U.S. House: Wednesday, October 17, live from 12-1 p.m., rebroadcast from 7-8 p.m.
Vermont Public Radio and Vermont PBS bring you the VPR – Vermont PBS Debates, a new collaboration to broadcast four live candidate debates leading up to the General Election on November 6. The debates will be moderated by Bob Kinzel, Peter Hirschfeld and Jane Lindholm on VPR’s program Vermont Edition.
Lieutenant Governor: Wednesday, October 10, live from 12-1 p.m., rebroadcast from 7-8 p.m.
The recording is being processed and will be available on-demand shortly.
- Don Turner (R)
- David Zuckerman (P/D)
U.S. House: Wednesday, October 17, live from 12-1 p.m., rebroadcast from 7-8 p.m.
- Anya Tynio (R)
- Peter Welch (D)
Governor: Wednesday, October 24, live from 7-8 p.m.
- Christine Hallquist (D)
- Phil Scott (R)
U.S. Senator: Monday, October 29, live from 12-1 p.m., rebroadcast from 7-8 p.m.
- Bernie Sanders (I)
- Lawrence Zupan (R)
How to Watch or Listen
- Tune in to our main channel for the live broadcast, or watch the repeat. (see schedule below).
- Watch the live stream here on this page or our Facebook page.
- Watch the recorded on-demand video, available here shortly after.
- Listen to VPR on your radio, or find a podcast version later in the Vermont Edition feed.
How To Submit A Question
What has been weighing on your mind as a Vermonter? What would you like to ask these candidates? Here's your chance, because we are accepting your questions to possibly be put to the participants in the VPR - Vermont PBS Debates. There's a few different possibilities for sending questions our way:
- Voicemail: Call 1-802-552-3425 at your convenience and leave a voicemail message with your question.
- Write: Send an email to email@example.com with your question written out.
- Record: Have the best of both worlds! Record your question in your own voice using a smartphone and then attach the file as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: No matter which way you choose to make a submission, you'll want to keep questions concise. We do reserve the right to edit them down for broadcast if necessary. Please also include your name and the town/city where you live in your message.
Lieutenant Governor Debate 2018
Lieutenant Governor debate recorded live on October 10, 2018. Candidates: Don Turner (R); David Zuckerman (P/D).
“Together with VPR, we bring our audiences a depth of understanding of the issues and candidates that they can take with them to the polls. It’s more important than ever this election season that public media advance civil discourse, and the VPR - Vermont PBS Debates do just that.”
- Holly Groschner, President and CEO of Vermont PBS.
“It's important that voters statewide have the opportunity to draw clear distinctions between candidates and to have those distinctions illuminated by experienced journalists. With this collaboration, our organizations will bring political debates to more people and help the voters to become well informed about their choices.”
- John Van Hoesen, VPR’s Senior Vice President and Chief Content Officer.
Join host Stewart Ledbetter and Vermont’s top journalists as they delve into the most important news stories each week. Vermont This Week keeps viewers informed on how politics are shaping our state, covering all sides of the issues. We discuss not only what happened, but also the reasons why.
Explore the character of the ‘Brave Little State’ of Vermont and the shared values that matter most to Vermonters, regardless of party affiliation. Although it may be one of the smallest states, Vermont was the first to abolish slavery and legalize civil union, and boasted two presidential candidates and two high profile senators.