Receptionist / Office Manager
This position is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facilities. Also responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including utilization of services and equipment. Responsible for providing arrangements for office meetings (internal and external guests).
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Answers telephones and directs caller to the appropriate associate, or if unavailable, transfers caller to voicemailbox as needed.
- Meets and greets visitors, prepares coffee/refreshments for guests in meeting space. Follows procedures to provide guests with visitor badges (verifies proper identification, maintain visitor log, etc.)
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Supervises and coordinates administrative activities for the office.
- Supervises maintenance of meeting rooms as well as kitchen/conference room supplies.
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail/packages (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Maintains office supply inventory - orders and stocks offices supplies as needed.
- Maintains employee bulletin boards and mail box management.
- Responsible for planning calendar for organization and employee “anniversary” calendar
- Food planning for monthly all staff meeting and staff meetings (as necessary)
- Provides support for Viewer Advocate – answer questions & coordinate with others
- Monitors lost & found for organization.
- Coordinates facility tours and guest list (anticipated visitors – coordinate who should know)
- Time Management.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee must occasionally lift office products and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit resume and cover letter via online form below, or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
204 Ethan Allen Avenue
Colchester, VT 05446