This position is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facilities. Responsible for providing arrangements for office meetings (internal and external guests).
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Answers telephones and directs caller to the appropriate associate, or if unavailable, transfers caller to voicemailbox as needed.
- Meets and greets visitors, prepares coffee/refreshments for guests in meeting space. Follows procedures to provide guests with visitor badges (verifies proper identification, maintains visitor log, etc.)
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Supervises maintenance of meeting rooms as well as kitchen/conference room supplies.
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail/packages (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Maintains office supply inventory - orders and stocks offices supplies as needed.
- Maintains employee bulletin boards and mail box management.
- Food planning for monthly staff meetings (as necessary)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant demeanor. 2. Previous high-volume phone experience required.
- Time Management.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Technical Capacity.
- Trustworthy, credible, and reliable. 10. High level of proficiency with Microsoft suite (Word, Outlook, etc.) absolutely necessary. 11. Must be detail oriented 12. Demonstrated commitment to providing a superior level of customer service is absolutely necessary.
Internal - Work is normally performed in climate-controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee must occasionally lift office products and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position may be flexible with either one (1) full-time or two (2) part-time employees.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit resume and cover letter via:
or mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
10 East Allen St. Suite 202
Winooski, VT 05404
or complete online form below: