IT Support Manager
The new Vermont PBS IT Support Manager role will include multiple responsibilities, beginning with direct assistance with IT, IS and end-user support tasks. These responsibilities require the individual to have hands-on knowledge and experience remedying desktop, network, and systems support issues. Candidates will aid with a variety of applications, equipment and system needs for the general offices staff, as well support the Vermont PBS Broadcast Engineering staff in areas where business and broadcast systems overlap. In-office presence required in Winooski, Vermont.
- Support business operations through functional engagement on all IT issues.
- Deliver hands-on technical resolutions for enterprise technology and systems.
- Manage and update security patching and software upgrades for users and office IT systems.
- Provide active IT asset management of software licensing, hardware and resources.
- Provide service and technical assistance to the Broadcast Engineering staff as required.
- Develop and expand the IT infrastructure within the scope of the Corporate Vision
- Provide security and IT incident response as directed
- Provide after-hours support as directed by the Chief Engineer.
- Maintain primary contact availability for end-users regarding IS & IT inquiries.
- Quickly and effectively find, track, and document IS & IT solutions on behalf of the end-user.
- Work with Broadcast Engineers to resolve complex issues in both IS and IT verticals, serving as the primary on-site resource and contact for business systems.
- Support the expanding IS & IT business application needs of the company by identifying and engaging appropriate support partners.
- Service Help Desk tickets and as needed support assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have hands-on experience supporting information services systems; as well as information technology such as operating systems, desktops, servers, networking and enterprise storage.
- General experience with enterprise help-desk environments & ticketing systems; help-desk queuing,
- priority management, and resolution tracking platforms.
- Must have exceptional technical communication skills. Must be able to describe technical problems
- concisely and clearly to escalation support engineers.
- A thorough understanding of large business or enterprise IT & IS systems, preferred
- Strong coordination and documentation skills mandatory.
- Exceptional skill in simplifying and explaining complex technical language to non-technical individuals.
- Ability to assess the needs of the business based on direction and/or shifting requirements.
- Able to work with individuals who are facing critical challenges under tight deadlines.
- Minimum 3 years of Experience with IT support or End User Support roles.
- Must be able to adapt to the rapidly changing needs of the business based on direction and/or shifting
- Experience with vendor and partner support processes and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of IT Systems, Networking, Storage, Servers and Applications required
- Experience with Active Directory, Office 365, Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems
- Experience in large enterprise operations as support or administrator preferred.
- Excellent communication skills a must. Must be able to effectively work and communicate with endusers
- in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Must be able to take direction and execute with minimum oversight.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to track and follow-through on multiple issues simultaneously.
Internal - Work is normally performed in climate-controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties. Some in-state travel is required.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, bending and filing, but most duties are performed from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed materials and computer screen. Deadlines, workloads during peak periods and changing priorities may cause increased stress levels. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboards at a moderate skill level. May require carrying bags, boxes and books of moderate weight.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Please submit resume and cover letter via:
or mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
10 East Allen St. Suite 202
Winooski, VT 05404
or complete online form below: