Vermont PBS relies on their Graphic Designers to be the in-house experts when it comes to composition, typography, color, and brand execution. As a bargaining unit (union) member, the Graphic Designer works within the Production Department to collaborate on a variety of projects which include, but are not limited to, on-air brand element creation, broadcast programs, promotions, development content, and short form digital content in regard to graphic design.
This position will also interact with, and support, other departments in the organization to assist with projects that can include, but are not limited to, digital ads, print collateral, and social media asset creation. A strong candidate will have a critical eye, be self-motivated, work collaboratively as a member of a larger team, and take direction well from managers and producers. We’re looking for someone who has designed for a variety of platforms and who is motivated to explore and learn about other platforms.
- Creating visual assets for production projects including programs, promotions, and fundraising elements. Narrative, live, and pre-taped.
- Managing brand guideline adherence for all broadcast graphic elements.
- Helping to develop Vermont PBS sub brands.
- Assisting Marketing and Development departments.
- Taking ownership over organized file structure and storage practices.
- Overtime work as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
College degree preferred. Minimum of three years of experience creating graphics for TV/Broadcast/Film industry. Advertising agencyand/or marketing firm experience will be considered. Candidate must show excellent attention to detail and be able to offer creative ideas, style frames, storyboards, and other tools to convey vision and direction. Technical competency operating both Mac and PC computers is a must. Thorough understanding of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is required. A basic understanding of non-linear editing, video codecs, and media management software is necessary. Experience designing and executing live broadcast graphics through Ross Expressions or similar. Experience designing for print applications is also necessary.
An equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
Please provide examples of work.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to communicate in person, telephone, written and online.
- Ability to sort and distribute materials.
- Ability to use reasoning to problem-solve and troubleshoot.
- Ability to attend to details and manage multiple tasks.
Ability to use common computer software.
- Ability to learn to use specialized applications for specific tasks.
Please submit resume via:
OR mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
10 East Allen St. Suite 202
Winooski, VT 05404
OR complete online form below (preferred):