The Manager of Education Engagement at Vermont PBS/VPR strategically plans and directs PK-12 educator professional development and engagement activities that drive awareness and use of public media educational resources. Responsible for a portfolio that embraces PBS KIDS, Vermont PBS Education resources, Media Literacy, and a statewide network of educators and education partners, the person in this position understands and can apply trends in PK-12 curriculum and instruction using digital media. They will demonstrate commitment and support for learning and growth in educational equity, cultural relevance, diversity, and inclusion in leading the team’s work to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships to support the impact, growth, and execution of programs. The Manager will supervise and train a team of education engagement professionals. This position reports to the Director of Live Programming/Broadcast TV.
Location: Winooski, Vermont
Department: Audience & Community
Reports to: Director of Live Programming/Broadcast TV
- Directs long-range and short-term strategic plans and initiatives to further the growth of the Vermont PBS/VPR Education engagement programs.
- Develops organizational and operational policies and procedures and monitors performance to ensure alignment with strategic objectives.
- Serves as the department liaison to internal and external stakeholder groups providing organizational information and representing the interests of Vermont PBS/VPR Education.
- Assists with developing and monitoring budgets and grant management.
- Contributes to the planning and development of Vermont PBS/VPR Education content, providing a voice for national and state standards, current classroom practices, educator and student needs, as well as educational system priorities and trends.
- Directs and oversees presentations, facilitation of workshops, and design of professional development experiences in-person and virtually, ensuring they are executed with excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required. PK-12 Education program preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in formal or informal PK-12 education
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Understanding of digital classroom technology required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Education outreach/community engagement experience preferred
- State of Vermont teacher certificate preferred
Not Required but Desirable Qualifications:
- Familiarity or experience with public media education content.
- Experience facilitating online/virtual learning trainings or events for educators or PK-12 students.
- Experience with policies and procedures in relation to HR, program management, purchasing, and budgets, particularly in Higher Education or State Agency systems
Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
The work environment is usually in an open space office or remotely from home; occasional travels for off-site events or training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications must contain:
a) detailed resume;
b) cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the qualifications and duties of this position; and
c) three (3) references.
Please submit via:
OR mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
10 East Allen St. Suite 202
Winooski, VT 05404
OR complete online form below (preferred):