Corporate Support Associate
Corporate Support is an integral part of the Development Department. The Corporate Support group acquires underwriting, sponsorship and areas of revenue support in Broadcast, Production, PBS Learning Media, Events, Community Engagement, Trade, and Digital. The Corporate Support Associate will identify community-minded corporate sponsors and develop relationships, following through to close and administer contracts from businesses and corporations in the region. They will acquire new clients, develop and sell promotional products that conform to applicable rules and regulations on all Vermont PBS platforms and look for creative ways to develop partnerships within the corporate community that have revenue potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and have familiarity with the content aired and posted by Vermont PBS, as well as platforms for broadcast, social media, and web.
- Research, develop and pursue qualified underwriting accounts for the various Vermont PBS platforms including local airtime, digital assets including web, streaming, and video on demand, among others.
- Cultivate prospect accounts that will be approved by the Senior Corporate Support Associate once the best approach has been identified.
- Prepare and present proposals that consider organizational priorities.
- Negotiate final terms of agreements (in person or on the phone) consistent with corporate / development standards that support the overall donor / stewardship practices.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date documentation of each prospect and account interaction in company databases.
- Attend and participate fully in regular department meetings and company initiatives – we are a team.
- Be current on open inventories and opportunities throughout all deliverables and platforms.
- Work with the Corporate Support Assistant to track corporate agreements and renewals, and to make sure all agreement deliverables are fulfilled appropriately.
- Ensure that FCC and Vermont PBS standards and regulations are adhered to.
- Track outstanding billing ont PBS standards and regulations are adhered to.
- Track outstanding billing
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications And Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of Business, Communications or Development with 2+ years of experience in a sales or development role or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the Vermont region and its business community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills including working knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, and OUTLOOK.
- Requires ability to drive, excellent driving record and current license, ability to travel within Vermont, New Hampshire, and New York State as necessary.
- An understanding of media, advertising, marketing and fundraising.
- Bring an engaging personality and the ability to participate as a team member.
- Be donor-focused, enjoy the process of stewardship, pay excellent attention to detail and follow-up.
- Bring a proven track record of success in sales and/or fundraising.
- Bring a professional manner and comfortability interacting with prospects and supporters.
Please submit resume via:
OR mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
10 East Allen St. Suite 202
Winooski, VT 05404
OR complete online form below (preferred):