Top Stories of 2013
Below are the nominations for the top stories of 2013 as reported on Vermont This Week. Please rank JUST YOUR TOP 10 in importance from highest (#1) through lowest (#10). The deadline is 12/18/2013. Thanks.
- Current date: Wed, 04/26/2017 - 12:34pm
- Opening date: Thu, 12/12/2013 - 11:37am
- Closing date: Thu, 12/18/2014 - 10:37pm
- Entergy decides to close Vermont Yankee (69 points)
- Air Force selects Burlington for F-35 fighter (65 points)
- Bernie for president? (57 points)
- Health Exchange suffers rocky start (56 points)
- Canadians propose $1.3 billion transmission line through Vermont (51 points)
- Proposed gas pipeline extension sees heated debate (41 points)
- Vermont debates and enacts 'End of Life' law (38 points)
- Walmart finally opens in St. Albans (34 points)
- Steven Cray elected Adjutant General of Vermont National Guard (23 points)
- IBM lays off close to 400 (21 points)
- FEMA settles Irene claim, Waterbury rebuilds (19 points)
- Wind moratorium push leads to study (18 points)
- Homecare workers can unionize (17 points)
- Governor gets tangled up in real estate deal with neighbor (17 points)
- Lawmakers raise gas tax, hold the line elsewhere (16 points)
- State decriminalizes marijuana possession (16 points)
- Migrant worker driver cards approved (15 points)
- Bolton backcountry preserved (14 points)
- State orders Moretown landfill to close (14 points)
Vermont PBS educates, informs, entertains and inspires Vermonters to be lifelong learners and engaged in their community.
Watch our Vermont PBS Kids' 24/7 channel. Enjoy the benefits of joining our Kids' Club! Explore our many free videos, games, and resources for educators and parents!
Join our Britcom Club today to support great British programming – and get your invite to this year’s Britcom Teas. Act soon!
Upcoming and featured!
People talk about Vermont PBS!
Vermontpbs.org proudly supported in part by...